Create a User
Add a User
- From the menu bar, click on Users.
- From the Users page, click on Add Users in the top right corner.
- Enter a username and email for the user. Then, enter the first and last name.
- Select the desired role for the user.
- Click Add.
Each user must have a unique user name and an official email address. After clicking Add, a login link will be sent to the user’s official email address so they may reset their password.
On the User Management page, you can add user contacts, view or edit their security roles, view their group membership and view their schedules. To reach the user management page:
- Click on Users in the menu bar.
- On the Users page, click on the desired user.
Add contact methods so AlertOps knows how to contact a user. You may select contact method types such as email, SMS, or phone. Push notification contact methods are added automatically after a user registers their AlertOps mobile app. To add a contact method:
- On the User Management page, click on Add Contact Method in the bottom, right-hand corner.
- Select a Contact Method from the drop-down menu.
- Add Contact Detail based on the type of contact type. For example, for a Email-Official Contact Type, the Contact Detail can be a professional email.
Click here to learn more about users.
Create a Group
Add a Group
- From the menu bar, click on Groups & Schedules.
- On the Groups & Schedules page, click on Add Group in the top, right-hand corner.
- Enter a Group Name.
- Click Save.
Group & Schedules Management
On the Group & Schedules Management page, you can add members to a group, add schedules, add group contact methods, and add topics. To reach this page:
- Click Groups & Schedules in the menu bar.
- Select the desired group.
Add Users to a Group
- On the Groups & Schedules Management page, in the Members & Schedules tab, click Add Members.
- Select the desired, available users and use the right arrow to move them into the selected members column.
- Click Update.
A group can have no schedules – in which case the basic user member role sequence is used for escalations or a group can have one or more schedules.
Click here to learn more about groups and schedules.
Add an Integration
AlertOps comes with a number of pre-built Integrations for various monitoring and help desk systems. Below are instructions to get you up and running quickly with a pre-built email or a web integration.
- Click Integrations in the menu-bar, and select Inbound Integrations.
- From the Inbound Integrations page, click Email OR Web API.
- Then click Add Integration in the top right.
- Select the desired integration from the Integration Template dropdown menu.
- Add Recipient Users and/or Recipient Groups.
- Select a Escalation Rule.
- Click Save Changes.
Click here to learn more about integrations.
Create an Alert
In AlertOps, you can create alerts manually, by Web API, and by Email Integration. To send a basic manual alert:
- Click on Create Alert in the menu-bar.
- Select a Escalation Rule.
- Add Recipient(s)
- Enter a Subject and Message Text
- Click Send.