An Outbound Integration allows you to send messages to an external system such as Salesforce, Remedyforce, ServiceNow, or JIRA.
Things you can do with the AlertOps Outbound API are almost limitless when combined with Workflows and Escalation Rules:
- Send whatever JSON packet is required by the external service.
- Map any AlertOps standard field plus any custom fields you have defined.
- In combination with Workflows, Escalation Rules and the Inbound APIs, build very powerful automations. For example, you can automatically close tickets in an external system like Service Now or JIRA when the AlertOps alert has been resolved.
- Add status updates to an external system -- for example, when an owner has been assigned in AlertOps.
Outbound Services have two parts: The Service Detail, which includes security credentials, and Service Actions or Methods, which are the details of the Messages (Create, Update, Close, etc) that the service supports.
You can use an outbound service in one of two ways:
- Create a Workflow that automates invoking the Service Actions on alert events, such as Assignment, Close or when notifications are sent to users (Delivery Attempts). The Workflow is then added to a Escalation Rule.
- On demand. Manually invoke the Service Actions. The Service Actions can be added directly to the Escalation Rule