Use the Inbound Messages menu option to view incoming messages for all of your integrations.
View the Alerts
You can view the processed incoming messages in the Inbound Messages list.
In this example, there are two messages; one to open the alert and one to close the alert.
Send a test email
Open an alert using a test email.
Send an email to close the alert
Send a test email to close the alert.
Inbound Messages table
Use the Inbound Messages table to view all of the incoming alerts.
Inbound Messages List
- Message ID – link to view the raw data received in the message.
- Key Mapping Fields – Source, Source Name and Source Identifier show the data that was used in the message for mapping purposes.
- Mapping Rule – the mapping rule (integration) to which the message was matched.
- Mapping Status – Mapped, Mapping Failed, Mapped Ignored, Pending, Processing, Mapped Appended
- Alert ID – link to the AlertOps alert detail.
Mapping Status Definitions:
Mapped Ignored - Mapped Ignored means that a new alert with a close status was received and there are no matching open alerts to be closed (possibly a user manually closed the alert and the monitoring system detected the close and sent a new close alert), or, an alert was received without a valid status value.
Pending Status - Incoming alerts that have a status of Pending are awaiting processing. This is a temporary state that can last up to one minute.
Mapped Status - Incoming alerts that have been successfully process will have a status of Mapped. This will occur for both new alerts when they are opened and existing alerts when they are closed.
Processing Status - Incoming alerts that have a status of Processing are currently processing. This is a temporary state that will appear only for a second.
Mapped Appended - This can mean that a duplicate alert was received, such as receiving another Open status alert for an alert that is already open.
Mapping Failed - Unable to match the message to a mapping (integration) rule
1) Is the message not found in the Inbound Messages table?
a) Check the email address you are using.
2) Is the message found in Inbound Messages but the status is Mapping Failed?
a) Source Name issues (Does Not Apply to Always Open):
Check that the Source Name data matches the Source Name in the Mapping Field.b) Source Identifier Issues (Does Not Apply to Always Open):
3) Status is mapped but you did not receive any notifications.Check that the Source Identifier data matches the Source Identifier in the Mapping Field.
4) Status is mapped but you did not receive any notifications.Verify that the notifications were sent out by AlertOps.
a) Click the AlertId link on the right to view the alert details.View the members that were notified.
Click the first message in the Messages List
View the Notification Delivery details