AlertOps' mobile app is available on both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
To log into the mobile app, first refer to the welcome email for your user account. If you are not using SSO, log into the web app to register your password first. To log in with SSO, refer to the next section of this article.
Make a note of the Account Name, shown above in the highlighted section of the account URL. When logging into the mobile app for the first time, you will enter the account before your username.
Enter the account name and press Continue.
Next enter your user name. This is the name given to your AlertOps user account, shown in the welcome email above.
After entering your user name and pressing Continue, enter your password on the next screen.
After entering your password, you will land on the Open Alerts page.
For organizations using SSO, logging into the mobile app is just slightly different. For example, the welcome email does not ask you to set your password.
Refer to the account name in the highlighted section of the account url. You will enter this first when logging into the mobile app. We will use Okta as our SSO provider for this article.
After entering the account name, enter your user name on the next screen, but do not press Continue. Instead, press Sign in with SSO (highlighted below).
You will then be taken to a different screen for your SSO provider:
Enter the AlertOps user name, and your SSO password. You may then be prompted for a 2 factor verification code.
Press Send code to have a code sent to your phone, then enter it for verification. Select the box for "Do not challenge me on this device again" if you do not want to repeat this step. After pressing Verify, you will land on the Open Alerts page.
Mobile App Push Notification Alerts
To respond to mobile push notifications, you must view the open alerts in the AlertOps app.
- Acknowledge – When you click on an alert to view it your acknowledgement will be recorded.
- Take Assignment – Click Assign To Me to take assignment of the alert.
- Close the Alert – Click Close the alert to close it. Enter the resolution text in the popup.
- Reply to the Alert – You can reply to the alert. Replies will be delivered to other users in email or the mobile app.
- Add others to the Alert – You can add others to the alert. Any User or Group which you add to the alert will be notified using the same notification rule of the original message. Select the Users or Groups that you want to add and click Send.
- Recieving Alert Updates – You will receive all alert updates in the alert message, including user replies and Workflow Messages.
Other Mobile App Functionality
You can send alerts using your mobile device. This requires the Send Alert user permission.
First, select the Escalation Rule to be used.
Next, either select the Topic.
Optionally, you can enter the Topic manually by clicking on the work Topic and entering the text in the box to the right of the Topic label.
Next, add recipients (if you are using a Topic that has recipients assigned to it then this step is not necessary). You can add either Users or Groups.
Select the Users you wish to send to and click Add.
Or, select the Groups you wish to send to and click Add.
Next, enter the Message text and click Send.
You can view your schedules and your group’s schedules by clicking schedules on the main menu.
Day: View the current day schedule
Week: View the current week schedule
Group: Click the group icon to view the Group Schedules.