Slack Integration Guide
- From the main menu, click on Integrations and then select Inbound Integrations from the sub menu.
- Select CHAT tab
- Select the 'ADD CHAT INTEGRATION' button.
- You should now be on the API Integration Detail page. Select Slack from the pre-built Integration Templates.
- Enter a name for the integration. Select an escalation rule to determine the integration's escalation policy. And, enter the names of recipient group(s) and recipient user(s). Click 'SAVE.' Then, click 'COPY URL' to copy the URL endpoint to be used in the Slack configuration. You can also test the API URL by clicking ‘TEST URL’.
- Select a channel to integrate AlertOps and Slack.
- Click Authorize
- In AlertOps, select a group to add Slack to.
Next, add Slack to the Group Contact Notifications section of your Escalation Rule.
After completing the integration setup, alerts sent to this group will appear in your Slack channel.
When you receive an alert in Slack, you have the option to Acknowledge, Assign, Escalate, and Close the alert.
Execute actions in AlertOps through slash commands in Slack.
- Create New Alert: /alertops open subject
- Close Alert: /alertops close [AlertID] resolution
- Acknowledge Alert: /alertops ack [AlertID]
- Assign Alert: /alertops assign [AlertID]
- Update Alert: /alertops reply [AlertID] message
- Escalate Alert: /alertops escalate [AlertID]
- Link User Account: