Assignment: the key event that stops escalations. Once a User takes Assignment of an alert, by voice menu, email link, SMS reply, or Mobile App, AlertOps stops the notification process.
Contact Method: any phone number, SMS number, email address, or push notification that is associated with a user
Escalation Policy: determines what user or groups should be notified first, second and so on, when an alert is received.
Integration: An integration is used to integrate alerts from any monitoring tool.
Maintenance Window: A Maintenance Window is used to temporarily disable an integration for a set period of time.
Message Rules: AlertOps sends alerts to either Groups or Users, using our Message Rules. There are 5 out-of-the box Message Rules:
- Retry Users 5 Times 5 Minute Interval Before Escalate: iterates through the on-call sequence one user at a time.
- Rotate By User Device: iterates through the on-call sequence one user at a time, and one user device at a time.
- All Hands Copy Secondary Copy Manager: message blasts all on-call users simultaneously (typically used in manual pages only)
- Manager Email: sends an email only to manager role users
- Business Email Only: sends emails to all users in a group
On-Call Schedule: An on-call schedule is a rotating schedule that determines who is on-call at a specific time and date.
Workflows: Workflows add actions to Message Rules. There are 6 out of the box Workflows:
- Notify All Recipients On Status Change Notify All Recipients When No Acknowledgement After 5 Mins Of Notifications
- Notify All Recipients When No Assignment After 5 Mins Of Notifications
- Notify Manager 1 Hr Before SLA If Not Resolved
- Notify Owner 1 Hr Before SLA If Not Resolved
- Notify Sender On Status Change