On the Groups & Schedules Management page, you may add Members, Schedules, Contact Methods, and Topics to a group.
- Click on Groups & Schedules in the menu bar.
- Select the desired group.
Add Members to a Group
- From the Group & Schedules Management Page, in the Members & Schedules tab, click Add Members.
- Select the desired, available users or groups and use the right arrow to move them into the selected members column.
- Click Update.
Add Group Schedules and View Group Calendar
Add a schedule to a group and view group calendars from the Groups & Schedules Management page. Groups can contain multiple schedules including fixed and rotating schedules. You may also create schedule overrides in which the shortest schedule will be in effect. From the Group Detail Page, Click Add Schedule. To view group schedules in a calendar format, Click Group Calendar.
Click here to learn more about schedules.
Group Member Roles
There are three Member Roles: Primary, Secondary, and Manager. Primary and Secondary Member Roles are also defined in Group Schedules. The Manager Role is used for Manager escalations. Use the sequence to set the escalation sequence between groups and/or members. Next to each user, check the box next to the preferred user role. Then, select a sequence for the groups and/or user.
- Primary – the first set of person(s) in the escalation sequence.
- Secondary – the second set of person(s) in the escalation sequence.
- Manager – used for Manager escalations, can also be a Primary or Secondary role member.
Group Contact Methods
Add contact methods so AlertOps knows how to contact each group. You may select contact method such as email, SMS, or phone. Push notification contact methods are added automatically after a user registers their AlertOps mobile app.
Use topics to quickly route alerts to the right Group. You must have an existing Topic to add a Topic to a Group. To add a Topic:
- From the Group & Schedules Management Page, in the Topics tab, click Add Topic.
- Search the Topic Name.
- Click Add.
Click here to learn more about topics.