The Live Call Routing feature enables live phone calls from customers to be forwarded directly to your on-call team. You must contact AlertOps Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a Live Call Routing phone number configured.
Here's how it works:
- A customer dials your routing number.
- The customer presses a number to direct the call to the right team. For example, they may dial 1 for HelpDesk and dial 2 for Support.
- Based on the team's on-call schedules, the call will be forwarded to on-call team members in sequence.
- If a team member has more than one phone number on their user profile, AlertOps will call each number.
- If no one is reachable in the sequence, the caller will be asked to leave a voice-message. An alert will be created and the voice message is added as an attachment to the alert to notify the on-call team.
- From the menu bar, hover over Call Routing and then, select Live Call Routing.
- Complete the required fields.
- Incoming Call Routing Description: Enter a description for your Call Routing number.
- Welcome Message: Enter customized greetings to play for the customer.
- Use Custom Recording (mpeg,wav,aif format): Use this feature to use a recorded welcome message.
- Auto Attendant: Enable for callers to navigate between teams using a digit/key.
- Routing Key Assignment/Forward Call To: Assign a unique digit/key for each Team/Group when forwarding calls using Auto Attendant. Select a Group for the calls to be forwarded to (used when the Auto Attendant is not enabled).
- Allow Callers To Leave Voice Message: Enable to allow callers to leave a voice message (to be sent as an alert attachment to the Team/Group).
- Message Rule For Voice Message Notification: Select the Message Rule to be used when a voice message is sent as an alert.
- Call Simultaneously: Enable to call all the Team/Group members simultaneously.
- Language: Select a preferred language.
- Click Save Changes.
- From the menu bar, hover over Call Routing and then, select Live Call Activity.
- View activity by choosing a date and clicking Search.